Directory of East London Coronavirus Mutual Aid Groups
Anyhow below is a list of East London Coronavirus Mutual Aid Groups that we have found today. Information below is taken from a variety of sources, all the links work at the time of initial publication (24 March 2020).
No doubt we have missed lots so let us know!
For any group we need to know:
- Name of group
- Ward & Borough – if smaller than ward then postal code please
- Web / Facebook / WhatsApp link
Please email us firstname.lastname@example.org with your details.
Tower Hamlets Covid-19 Mutual Aid Groups
- Blackstone Estate Covid-19 Support London Fields E8
- Bromley By Bow & Bow Road – WhatsApp Link
- Canary Wharf & Isle of Dogs – WhatsApp group invite
- Covid-19 Mutual Aid Bow (E3) Email: email@example.com
- Ibex House C-19 Support EC3 – WhatsApp group invite
- Isle of Dogs North West COVID-19
- Limehouse Community Forum Covid-19 Support – Facebook
- Limehouse Aid COVID-19 – WhatsApp group invite
- Spitalfields / Shoreditch /Aldgate Covid-19 Aid
- Surrey Docks Covid-19 Mutual Aid Group
- Tower Hamlets Covid19 Community Support
- Wapping Helpers E1W
- Wilmot Street Team Bethnal Green E2
Tower Hamlets Advice Services
- Real is a user-led organisation of disabled people supporting people across Tower Hamlets. They work with anyone older or disabled who may need more information and advice on a variety of issues, including how to access community support.
City of London Covid-19 Mutual Aid Groups
Newham Covid-19 Mutual Aid Groups
- Newham Covid-19 Community Support (now include Stratford Group
- Maryland CoVid-19 Mutual Aid
- Stratford and New Town Mutual Aid – WhatsApp group invite
- West Ham Covid-19 Mutual Aid E15
Hackney Covid-19 Mutual Aid Groups
- Clissold Ward covid19 aid Hackney
- Dalston C-19 Mutual Aid – WhatsApp group invite
- Hoxton West Covid-19 Mutual Aid
- Nightingale Estate Community Group Hackney Downs E5
- Welshpool Hackney E8 Covid Support – WhatsApp Link
Waltham Forest Covid-19 Mutual Aid Groups
Southwark Covid-19 Mutual Aid Groups
Pan-London Covid-19 Mutual Aid Groups
Covid-19 Mutual Aid UK is “a group of volunteers supporting local community groups organising mutual aid throughout the Covid-19 outbreak in the UK.” They have a Covid-19 Mutual Aid Group listings page but it is very tricky to use and has quite a few broken links. Still worth a visit.
Don’t worry about GDPR issues
Keep reading comments from people who want to do good coronavirus mutual aid group things but hesitate because they are worried about breaking GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
This from Matt Hancock, Secretary of State for Health & Social Care and MP for West Suffolk.
“Public information: GDPR does not inhibit use of data for coronavirus response. GDPR has a clause excepting work in the overwhelming public interest. No one should constrain work on responding to coronavirus due to data protection laws. We are all having to give up some of our liberties; rights under GDPR have always been balanced against other public interests.”
1/2: Public information: GDPR does not inhibit use of data for coronavirus response. GDPR has a clause excepting work in the overwhelming public interest. No one should constrain work on responding to coronavirus due to data protection laws.
— Matt Hancock (@MattHancock) March 18, 2020
So you can stop worrying about GDPR and just get on with what you are doing. Good luck!