There is now a central page for all Wapping Bus Gate announcements and comments which you can find here. Comments on this page are now closed, please go to the Bus Gate page to have your say.
Details of the bus gate in Wapping High Street have just been released by the Council. The bus gate is scheduled to be in operation from November 2019 at Pier Head between Sampson and Knighton Street.
Full details of Wapping bus gate are as follows:
- The Bus Gate will be located on Wapping High Street at the Pier Head between Sampson and Knighton Street
- It will operate from 05.30 -10.30 and 16.00-19.00 Monday to Friday
- There will be no exemptions other than buses and cyclists
- Motorbikes will not be allowed
- Taxis will not be exempt.
Note: This is all the information we have at the moment and was provided to LW by the Tower Hamlets Communications Team. . We have asked the Council for a more detailed statement and will publish it here if and when we get it.
Update: Seems this decision was only taken yesterday
so it will probably be next week before a full statement is available. This is now available here.