Just a reminder that it is the Big Wapping Christmas Tree Lights Switch On this Monday evening 28 November between 6.30 and 7.30pm on Wapping Green! Yo ho ho and an extra ho! Here is a little update from Cllr. Julia ‘Tinsel Town’ Dockerill. Take it away Julia!
Alongside all the wonderful food and drink that has been donated, it looks like we also now have a singer for our event, Chris Royal – thank you, Chris.
A sea shanty for Jo
The residents at Hermitage Moorings have also asked whether they might sing a sea shanty in order to celebrate Jo Cox, so I think it’ll be a really wonderful opportunity to get everyone together and build bonds with our neighbours.
We still have no luck on a celebrity guest as yet although there is still time if you happen to be a celebrity and have nothing to do on Monday evening. Oh and you are cheap. Cheap as in free.
Anyway, schedule below. I [Julia] shall be there from about 5.30pm and Amanda [Turks Head] will be helping the marquee set up so can field any questions for those who arrive earlier than me and want to know where to set up.
- 3 pm – The marquee arrives.
- 5.30 pm – Trestle tables and chairs put out.
- 5.45 pm – I would suggest that those bringing food and drinks should aim to arrive around this time and we can ensure all the goodies are laid out. Mulled wine to be set up.
- 6.30 pm – event starts.
- 6.45 pm – Chris Royal to start half hour set.
- 7 pm – break in Chris’ set to start lights countdown. Julia to say a few words, then pass to Anne of Hermitage Moorings to celebrate Jo and lead sea shanty.
- 7.20 pm – end of Chris Royal’s set.
- 7.30 pm – Finish and tidy.