New figures released today by the Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, reveal that eleven Tower Hamlet’s secondary schools exceed legal air pollution limits for Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2)
Southwark, Westminster and Tower Hamlets were the three boroughs with the most number of primary and secondary schools in high pollution areas.
The Tower Hamlets secondary schools affected are listed below.
- Bethnal Green Academy
- Bishop Challoner Catholic Federations of Boys School
- Bishop Challoner Catholic Federations of Girls School
- Bow School
- Central Foundation Girls’ School
- East London Arts & Music
- London Enterprise Academy
- Mulberry School for Girls
- Oaklands School
- Raine’s Foundation School
- Swanlea School
- Wapping High School
The data is an updated Aether report from 2013 and shows there were 357 primary and 86 secondary schools in London that exceeded legal levels of NO2.
For more information
- Hundreds of London schools exceed legal air quality levels (Mayor of London)