Corruption. Vote rigging. Squirrels. For six years Love Wapping has been working unfunded. Now we need your help to ensure that we can keep investigating issues in Tower Hamlets and the East End that affect us all.
To be blunt, we need your cash. No sales pitch, we just cannot do what we do without you.
We are not funded and we do not carry advertising.
So please click the PayPal button below and donate some of your hard-earned cash. Every donation, however small, makes a big difference.
Investigative journalism does work
Some of the investigative work we have done is listed below but there is more to do. Much more.
- The Poplar Papers – what are they when they are at home?
- How busy has your ward councillor been? These numbers are part of the bigger picture
- Details of ACM cladding on Poplar HARCA tower blocks revealed
- GLA Police Committee questioning the Metropolitan Police
- Youth Services: No prosecutions due to incorrect ‘packaging’ of evidence
- How to steal a (Mayoral) election – Infographic
- How Lutfur Rahman used Youth Services to steal an election
- Investigation into £300k payments to charity that does not exist
- Timeline of Tower Hamlets corruption
- How Tower Hamlets First grabbed residents mobile phone numbers
- Dodgy council grants – a Wapping story
Investigative journalism is very time and resource intensive. Collecting and analysing the Payment to Suppliers data and grants data to show how the Rahman administration was fiddling the grants system took months. – and we published our analysis two weeks before the DCLG auditors working inside the Town Hall.
Stories that need to be told
Why do we bother? Because these stories need to be told. And no one else is telling them.
If you consider what LW does to be of value to you and our community then please help us continue our work.