Tower Hamlets Council operates on a different planet.
This is a well known fact in the East End of London.
Just to reiterate this a Council spokesman gave this quote to Ted Jeory for his news story in the Daily Express Pickles orders probe into possible fraud at Tower Hamlets Council as file passed to police.
Here is the quote:
A Tower Hamlets Council spokesman said: “Under an order introduced yesterday, Government auditors are today meeting with senior officers of the council. We welcome the opportunity to demonstrate that council processes have been run appropriately and to date we have seen no evidence to suggest otherwise.“This inspection affords the borough the best opportunity to demonstrate that the borough has acted in the best interests of all residents. We will release further information in due course.”
- “Crashing into this iceberg gives our vessel the best opportunity to demonstrate that it is unsinkable,” Captain of RMS Titanic.
- “The Maginot Line gives us the best opportunity to demonstrate the benefit of fixed fortifications,” French Minister of Defence André Maginot.
- “This traffic jam gives me the best opportunity to demonstrate how comfortable taxi seats really are,” any London cabbie.
- “Rubbish piling up in the streets give the Government the best opportunity to demonstrate that there is no crisis,” Jim Callaghan, 1979.
- “Banning twitter gives me the best opportunity to demonstrate my adherence to democratic values,” Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan
Tweet from @MayorLutur at 12.00hrs:
Visit Tower Hamlets? Visit?