Good news, Peter and his CCTV and lighting experts have been working hard to get the Wapping Woods lighting and CCTV sorted and he has just sent us a progress report.
- The dimmer lights down the middle of the Woods are going to be swapped out and have already been ordered.
- Two new wall lights on the lower ventilation shaft are to be installed , along with a new wall light overlooking the bottom car park (Penang Street).
- The new lights which went in around the east side of the Woods are going to be attached to onto a new electric supply.
- Tower Hamlets Homes are replacing some of the broken bulkhead lights at the bottom of the Woods and in Penang Street.
- Two extra LED lights are being put at the bottom of the Woods near the car park these will use a joint CCTV / lighting column.
Which is all pretty impressive stuff, right?
Here is a bright shiny new CCTV / lighting pylon by the Penang Street car park just waiting for the final bits and pieces to be bolted on.
(You can also see The Shard in the distance behind the CCTV pylon. Direct line of sight. Hmm…. I wonder if this could be the next extension to the Wapping Cable Car?)
I know for a fact that Peter has been working ridiculously long hours to get all this done. Tower Hamlets is lucky to have him.
Many thanks to Peter and his team!