St. Patrick’s Day Market School Hall Green Bank Wapping E1 Sunday 17th March 12am – 4pm
Beejeebers! Just a reminder that the St. Patrick’s Day Market is happening on Sunday between 12 and 4 and everyone is welcome!
Looks like something for everyone at St. Patrick’s Day Market
There is a great range of stalls and things to do – look at this!
- Vintage clothing (all the rage)
- 2nd hand clothes (might pop down there myself)
- Books (everyone loves books!)
- Wapping Sourdough (didn’t even know this existed and I love sourdough!)
- Waffles (for eating, or maybe it’s just talking?)
- Irish stew (of course!)
- Irish coffee (to go with the stew)
- French food (Mon dieu!)
- Spanish food (bueno! chorizo?)
- Fair Trade (seems fair)
- The Jesuit Refugee Centre (based just by Wapping Green)
- Homemade cakes (mmm… cakes!)
- Kitchen garden (food presumably, not a garden in your kitchen)
- Gourmet popcorn (how posh!)
- BBQ (sticky fingers? yes please!)
- Face painting (always popular)
- Portrait drawing (on paper not yer face presumably)
- Bric-a-brac (wouldn’t be a market with some bric and some brac would it?)
- Tombola (can you still say two fat ladies 88 or is that non-PC?)
- Beauty stall (i don’t need this but others might…)
- Sweets stall (can’t eat too many sweets)
- Bottles stall (are the bottles filled? What with? Go and find out)
- Church tour (always interesting whatever you believe in)
- St. Patrick’s archive (history buff heaven)
- Open art studios (we are soooo arty in Wapping)
That’s a pretty impressive line up – maybe we should have a St. Patrick’s Day Market every Sunday? Just a thought.
Don’t forget a drop of the black stuff
And of course you can also go to one of our many fantastic pubs and enjoy some Guinness too!
I think it’s time for me to go and polish my shamrock and dig out my green lipstick.
How to get to St. Patrick’s Day Market Wapping E1
Wapping Overground is only five minutes walk from Green Bank and the D100 and D3 bus routes serve Wapping.
If you are coming from the Overground just turn left out of the station, right into Wapping Lane then Green Bank is first left. St Patrick’s is just at the end on the left.